Because magic! The enchantment table itself was easy enough, but I dreaded starting on the book. I’d never made a plastic canvas book before, and new patterns require a lot of trial and error. I sat at my table for a couple hours before actually starting the first stitch because I couldn’t get over the thought that what ever I did was going to be wrong. Perhaps it was just my frame of mind that morning because I think the book turned out pretty well. The only thing I would do differently is not use the metallic floss. It was too difficult to use on a dimensional project.
If you haven’t yet, you’ll want to check out Getting Started in Minecraft Plastic Canvas for more tips.
Plastic Canvas Pattern and Instructions for Minecraft Enchantment Table:
1. Cut four pieces of 7-count plastic canvas 17 by 13 holes for the sides. Cut two pieces of canvas 17 by 17 holes for the top and bottom.
2. Follow the pattern. Yarn colors for the block: black, dark red, dark purple, medium purple, aqua silver cord.
3. Whip stitch the edges of the finished pieces together using black, dark red, and aqua silver. Stitch all of the pieces together until you have formed a block.
Top (need 1)
Bottom (need 1)
Sides (need 4)
Plastic Canvas Pattern and Instructions for Minecraft Enchantment Book:
1. Cut four pieces of 10-mesh plastic canvas 6 by 9 holes for the pages. Cut two pieces of 10-mesh canvas 8 by 11 holes for the book cover. Colors for the book: DMC 3828 Hazelnut Brown, DMC White, DMC 415 Pearl Gray.
2. Follow the graph to make 2 left-sided pages and 2 right-sided pages. Overcast the outside edges of the pages. Stack up the pages with the 2 left sides facing the 2 right sides. Whip stitch them together to form the binding.
3. Use gobelin stitches to fill the book cover. Overcast the outside edges of the book cover canvas. With a long piece of embroidery floss, whip stitch the inner edges together to form the spine. Continue with the long piece of book cover floss to loop through the page binding to attach the cover to the pages in order to complete the book.
Left Page (need 2)
Right Page (need 2)
Cover (need 2)
Image from Minecraft Wiki – Gamepedia